Nowadays, young people are the ones subject to the influence of social media the most. They sometimes live in the online world totally forgetting about the existence of a real one. Youth loves to be online as well as to chat with strangers. Why so? Because talking is the fastest way of learning through which youngsters can absorb information like a sponge. Therefore, video conferences play a significant role in their social lives.
People may pursue different purposes when chatting in video communication tools. For instance, meeting new and interesting people, sharing knowledge and ideas, learning languages or teaching them as well as looking for a life-long love partner. Thus, online conferences become the simplest and most convenient way for young people to communicate in the modern world owing to its instant and online nature.
Reasons for Video Chat Usage
Generally, video chat plays an important role in helping teenagers socialize with their friends after school and on weekends where it allows them to see emotional reactions and participate in activities like shared homework sessions, show and tell, and performances over distance. Yet video conference is also used to engage in more private activities such as gossiping and flirting. These and other reasons will be discussed in detail below.
Among the main reasons for youngsters to use video chats are:
- to have a focused conversation: where there is a sudden desire to share news or to show something to another person, adolescents tend to do so via online conferences;
- to show and tell: whether clothing or personal accomplishments, teenagers enjoy sharing these things with one another;
- to gossip: video calls are a nice and private place to talk about other friends from school, boyfriends or girlfriends, parents, siblings and more;
- to do homework: by leaving the video chat running while completing school assignments on the computer allows you to stay focused and connected at the same time. Moreover, presence of somebody else, even an online one, may help you to stay motivated and accomplish tasks;
- to play online games: teenagers being frequent video games players use video chats while playing games either on an external device or on the same computer used for chatting. This activity is nothing but a fun way to spend time, especially when you share it with somebody else online.
All in all, the younger generations also known as the Generation Z tend to spend more and more time online owing to the realities of modern world. When talking in video chats, youngsters perform a variety of activities starting from discussions of a certain topic to doing homework together. Performance of these very activities with friends or strangers online are among the main reasons for youth to be resourcing to video chats more and more often.